You have two options to choose from when it comes to adding other store's registries to Babylist.
Add Registry Link
- The other registry will appear on your Babylist as a link.
- Gift givers can still search for your registry by store: online or in person.
Please note that the other registry does not sync with Babylist, so you don't want to put the same thing on both registries. You might end up getting a duplicate gift, because we don't have any way of knowing when something is marked as purchased on an outside site.
- All items from your other registry will move to your Babylist: all you have to do is copy and paste a link, and they'll be transferred.
- Once the transfer is complete, you can say goodbye to the other registry and delete it! We ask that you do this because the registries will not sync, so if an item is purchased off of one registry, the other will not know about it and you may end up with duplicates.
- You'll only need to manage one registry! Any new items you want to add can be added directly to Babylist using the bookmark button or the app.
Items set up as group gifts on your other registry will not transfer to your Babylist. Please make sure this feature is turned off before performing your transfer.
Trying to determine what works best for you?
The easiest way to decide is whether or not you want your merged registry to be open and active in-store. If your gift givers are more inclined to shop traditional retailers and are accustomed to finding registries at brick and mortar stores, we recommend linking your registry. You'll also be able to take advantage of any discount programs or incentives offered by those retailers.
If you don't mind deleting your other registry, then we recommend the transfer. That's the easiest way to see all the items you have registered for in one place.
Are you using a computer?
Click on "Add Other Registry" at the top of the page. If you're logged in, you can go directly to that page here.
Are you using the app?
In the iOS app:
Tap the menu bar in the top left corner and select "Registry."
Then select "Transfer or Link a Registry" to add your other registry.
In the Android App:
Tap the menu bar in the upper left-hand corner and select "Transfer or Link Registry."
Simply choose between a transfer or a link and select the retailer associated with your other registry.
If you have any questions, contact our Happiness Heroes and we’ll be happy to help.